AMERICA ULTIMATE ROAD TRIP GIVEAWAY
Whalebone Magazine is releasing a limited-edition America box as part of the upcoming America Issue presented by YETI. What better way to celebrate than the chance to win a $2,000 gift card from Outdoorsy to choose your own RV to take on the ultimate road trip adventure around the country. (No purchase necessary to be entered into the giveaway.) The winner’s adventure will even be featured on whalebonemag.com.
Each purchase of the limited-edition box includes one automatic entry into the giveaway, but no purchase is necessary to be entered (you’ll just miss out on all the rad America-themed gear). Enter here (one entry per person):
The winner will be randomly selected and notified Oct 28, 2020.
1. Eligibility: The America Box Giveaway (referred to as “the Contest”) The Contest is open to U.S. residents only who are 21 or older with a valid ID and is void where prohibited by law.
Employees of Whalebone and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Whalebone as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. The Contest Period: Entries will be accepted starting Oct 7, 2020, and ending Oct 12, 2020. All entries must be received by Oct 12, 2020, by 11:59 PM EST.
4. How to Enter: Purchase a limited-edition America Box to be automatically entered and receive a rad box of limited-edition items and other America-themed goods https://shopwhalebone.com/product/the-america-box/. Entries will be accepted Oct 7 – Oct 12, 2020. No purchase is necessary to be entered, enter here.
5. Prizes: (1) randomly selected winner will receive:
- (1) $2,000 gift card from Outdoorsy to book an RV of their choice to take on the trip of their choice
- If they choose to document their adventure, Whalebone will feature a recap of their road trip on whalebonemag.com
The determined value of the prize: $2,000
Actual/appraised value may differ at the time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Whalebone to use the winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
7. Winner selection and notification: Winners of the Contest will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor. Winners will be notified via the email. Winner will be notified on or before Oct 28, 2020. Whalebone shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 72 hours from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by you: By entering this contest you understand that Whalebone, anyone acting on behalf of Whalebone, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, image or statements about the Contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
9. Terms: Whalebone reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Whalebone may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Whalebone reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
Whalebone has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Whalebone reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Whalebone and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF the United States and Montauk, NY WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Montauk, NY having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, email your request to email@example.com no later than Nov 5, 2020.
13. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Whalebone Magazine.
14. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Youtube, Pinterest, LinkedIn or Google. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of this contest and not to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Youtube, Pinterest, LinkedIn or Google.